Best MBA Program – All You Need to Know
MBA (Master of Business Administration) is undoubtedly one of the most sought after degree programs these days. The reasons for the growing popularity of this degree course are many, the most important one being the career growth that it provides. Whether one has to strengthen grounds in the area of entrepreneurship or ace the corporate arena with expertise, business management degree is just the perfect one to gain knowledge on all these subjects. Besides this, economic globalization has also contributed towards the increasing significance of this degree. Seeing the growing popularity of management degree courses, business institutes have also come up with various courses in management studies. Out of the various management courses available, post graduate diploma in management (PGDM)is the course that majority of the students opt for. In fact, it is among the best management programs to pursue at the post-graduation level. The course focuses on preparing students for practical business situations, thus giving an edge to their career. If you also wish to pursue this course, here are a few things that you need to know about it:
- Majority of the top B-schools in India offer PGDM courses instead of MBA, and the graduates passing from these colleges grab the highest pay package jobs from eminent corporations. There are colleges such as IILM that offer refined version of MBA programs in Delhi as PGDM. The curriculum of this course goes beyond the classroom learning and delves into industrial training. During two years of the program, students get a chance to learn concepts and building blocks of management necessary to survive in the corporate atmosphere. They are exposed to modules which help them learn about management, organizational perspective and integrated management perspective.
- Post graduate diploma in business management is an autonomous program. Its value and credit is further enhanced by approval from AICTE. Besides this, the course is also certified by Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The best part about this course is that its curriculum is designed keeping the industry interface in mind. Feedback is taken from experts of the industry who update the course curriculum every year. Alumni and employers feedback is also taken into consideration when designing the curriculum. This helps in bridging the gap between academia and industry.
- Students are often confused as to how PGDM course is different or better from an MBA degree. The confusion arises because of the word ‘diploma’ in the course name. Students think that a post graduate diploma in management is a ‘diploma’ program, compared to an MBA, which is a ‘degree’ program. This, however, is not true. The only reason for this diploma-degree confusion is the source of affiliation. These post graduate courses are named PGDM because they are offered by autonomous bodies which are not affiliated with any university, and hence they cannot offer management courses under MBA. But besides that, there is hardly any major difference between the two programs, as they both offer the pathway to a successful career in business management.
- Another key point to note is that not all management institutes that offer AICTE approved PGDM courses are independent and autonomous. For instance, there are MBA institutes in Delhi that offer PGDM program, besides their MBA course. In such institutes, the PGDM course is autonomous and is directly approved by AICTE, Ministry of Human Resource Development, or the Government of India. But in most of the cases, the PGDM program is offered by autonomous institutes.
- An important benefit of PGDM course over MBA is that professionals with some years of work experience can also opt for it to enhance their management skills further and get appointed at senior managerial positions. There are management institutes in Delhi, like IILM, that offer PGDM executive program exclusively designed for working professionals. Executive PGDM course at IILM gives aspirants access to a broad range of global study opportunities and makes them experience the complete immersion in global markets. It is enriched by inputs not only from the best in the academia but also from professional industry leaders. The curriculum of the course is globally benchmarked and revised regularly to incorporate cutting-edge management theories. The course is highly appreciated in the corporate world and help students develop cross-cultural insights and perspectives for a better understanding of global business.
So, now that you know everything about the PGDM course, pursue it at the post-graduation level and see how it helps you climb the success ladder in the corporate world.